Pet Parasite Prevention in Fairfield CA
Parasite prevention is an important part of wellness care at Sunset Animal Hospital. We offer parasite prevention to our cat and dog patients to help protect them and prevent the spread of disease. Parasite prevention helps improve your pet’s quality of life and can even prevent your pet from contracting a deadly illness.
Benefits of Parasite Prevention in Fairfield CA
Heartworm, flea, tick and intestinal parasite prevention is a standard part of veterinary care. There are many reasons to seek parasite prevention in Fairfield CA!
- Prevention of parasites is much easier than eliminating parasites once a pet is infected.
- There is no approved drug treatment for heartworms in cats. Prevention is the only way to truly protect your cat from heartworms.
- Once your indoor pet has fleas, the infestation is likely to spread to your carpet and upholstery. Protecting your pet from fleas protects your home as well.
- Some diseases from parasites can spread from animals to humans. Prevention can help protect your family!
- Preventing your pet from contracting a parasite can save you money in veterinary bills by helping your pet avoid a trip to the vet.
What You Can Do to Stop Fleas, Ticks and other Parasites
There are many ways that you can protect your pet from parasites in Fairfield CA.
- Inspect your pet regularly for fleas and ticks. Ticks can be felt on the skin of pets while fleas will leave your pet in obvious discomfort. Watch for signs of skin irritation and feel your pet for ticks on the skin to determine whether or not your pet has fleas or ticks.
- Take your pet to the animal hospital in Fairfield for protection from heartworms, fleas, ticks and intestinal parasites. Our pet preventatives can stop fleas, ticks, heartworms and intestinal parasites.
- Keep your yard clear of debris and cut your grass regularly. Fleas and ticks live in the yard; keeping your yard trim will help protect your pet from fleas and ticks.
Parasite Prevention Services From Your Veterinarian in Fairfield CA
At your pet’s veterinarian in Fairfield CA, we provide the following parasite prevention and parasite treatment services:
- Annual screenings for parasites. We’ll test your pet for parasites on an annual basis to ensure that your pet has not become infected.
- Prescriptions for preventatives. Preventatives can stop parasite infestations. At Sunset Animal Hospital, we recommend preventatives for parasites of all types from heartworm to fleas.
- Treatments for parasites and diseases spread by parasites. If your pet does get parasites, we can help treat your pet. Using medications and other therapies, we can help your pet manage or get rid of his or her parasites.
Contact Your Pet’s Vet in Fairfield CA
As your pet’s vet in Fairfield CA, we can help your pet avoid parasites and diseases resulting from parasites. To find out more about our preventatives for heartworms, fleas, ticks and other pests, contact us for an appointment at 707-425-4050.